Activate Safe Mode in the CylanceGATEWAY agent
If your administrator has set up
CylanceGATEWAYfor you and has configured the
CylanceGATEWAYagent to use Safe Mode, the agent automatically enables Safe Mode protection for network traffic that does not use the Work Mode tunnel. If you use an unmanaged device, you will be prompted once to allow the
CylanceGATEWAYsystem extension before you can use Safe Mode. After Safe Mode is configured, you cannot disable it. If you try to manually stop the agent, the agent will automatically start in the background on your device.
- Install theCylanceGATEWAYagent. To download the agent, go to the BlackBerry Website and scroll down to the DownloadCylanceGATEWAYsection.
- Activate the agent using your directory orBlackBerry Online Accountcredentials. For more information about activating the agent, see theCylanceGATEWAYactivation email that you received from your administrator. OnmacOSdevices, when you are prompted, make sure that you select the "Allow Gateway to filter network content."
- On yourmacOSdevice open theCylanceGATEWAYagent.
- If you are prompted, allow the system extensions forCylanceGATEWAY. Perform the following actions:
If you do not allow Safe Mode on your device, theCylanceGATEWAYagent displaysWork Mode Disabled - Safe Mode Inactive.
- On theSafeMode Activationprompt, clickOpen Security Preferences.
- ClickSecurity & Privacy.
- ClickClick the lock to make changes.
- In theSystem Preferencesdialog box, enter the administrator password for your device. ClickUnlock.
When the connection is established, the "Work Mode Disabled - Safe Mode Active" status appears. If you enable Work Mode, the status displays "Work Mode Enabled - Safe Mode Inactive."
- If the connection is not established, click to view more information about an error.
- To view warnings about suspicious network activity, click . From the Warnings screen, you can also choose to clear and mute warning notifications.
- To view the policies that are assigned to the agent by your administrator, click .