Reconfigure multi-factor authentication
When you reconfigure multi-factor authentication, you can generate new codes and invalidate codes that are generated on previously-configured devices (for example, if your device was lost or stolen), or you can add other devices that will generate the same code.
If you are trying to log in and you have lost access to your device that you already configured with multi-factor authentication, click the
Click here to receive a one time code via emailoption at the top of the
2-Factor Authenticationscreen. After you log in, you can follow these steps to reconfigure it.
You must download and install an authenticator app, such asGoogleAuthenticator, on your mobile device.
- On the menu, clickProfiles.
- In theUser preferencessection, clickConfigure Multi-Factor Authentication.A dialog with a QR Code appears.
- Do one of the following:
- If you want to generate new codes and invalidate codes that are generated on previously configured devices (for example, if your device was lost or stolen), clickGenerate a new codeandOKto confirm.
- If you want to keep codes generated on previously-configured devices valid and add another device that will generate the same code, skip this step.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to configure multi-factor authentication:
- On your mobile device, open the
- Tap+>Scan a QR codeto scan the QR Code that is displayed on the screen.
- If you chose to generate new codes, enter the new code and tapPair device.
At the top of the dialog box, a
Multi-factor authentication has been successfully configuredmessage displays in green.