Create a custom Enterprise Identity administrator
You can use administrator roles to delegate specific
BlackBerry Enterprise Identityadministrative tasks to users. The Security Administrator role in
BlackBerry UEMhas full permissions to the management console, including creating and managing roles and administrators. At least one administrator must be a Security Administrator.
BlackBerry UEMincludes preconfigured roles in addition to the Security Administrator role. You can edit or delete all roles except the Security Administrator role. You can also create custom roles.
Any new custom
BlackBerry Enterprise Identityadministrators that you create do not have the ability to assign
BlackBerry Enterprise Identityentitlements or to assign apps and app groups to users or user groups. For more information, see Assign entitlements to users or groups and Managing app groups.
- You must be a Security Administrator to create a custom role.
- In the left menu clickSettings > Administrators > Roles.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the role.
- In thePolices and Profilessection, select theEnterprise Identitypolicy options. The choices are:View Enterprise Identity Authentication Policy, Create/Edit Authentication policy, Delete Authentication policy, andAssign Authentication policy to users and groups.
- In theSettingssection, select theEnterprise Identityoptions. The choices are:View Enterprise Identity Enterprise Settings, Edit Enterprise Identity Enterprise Settings, View Enterprise Identity Services, andEdit Enterprise Identity Services.
- Add the role to a user account or user group.