Importing users from a .csv file
Only the following .csv entries apply to importing users for
- Username (mandatory)
- First name (mandatory forBBM Enterprise)
- Last Name (mandatory forBBM Enterprise)
- Contact email (mandatory forBBM Enterprise)
- Title (optional)
- Department (optional)
- Company phone or mobile phone (optional)
These fields are shown in the
BBM EnterpriseCloud Directory when searching for a user activated for
BlackBerry UEM. For each user, this content available in the
BBM EnterpriseCloud directory only if the Cloud Directory policy is enabled in the
BBM Enterprisepolicy assigned to the user.
- Group membership: MDM (BlackBerry UEM) (always set to FALSE if importing forBBM Enterprisepurposes only)
Do not specify activation details (template, password) because these do not work unless the user is set to be MDM-enabled in the .csv file.
To import all the properties, you must take the following steps:
- When you create a local user, expand Additional details and enter information in the Department, Title, and Work or Mobile phone fields as required.
- If you are creating many users from a .csv file, populate the columns with the appropriate information.
- If you are configuring a specific Active Directory or LDAP group, check theSynchronize additional user details box.
After importing, users are enabled for
BBM Enterprisebecause they are added in to a
BBM Enterpriseenabled group (a group with
You may have to wait some time to see all the users enabled for
BBM Enterprise, as
UEMworks to create them. Until the process is completed,
BBM Enterprisedisplays Pending status in the Users view. When the process completes successfully, the status changes to Enabled. This delay also applies to import of users through Active Directory and creating a single user, if you add these users to a group that has the
BBM Enterpriseprofile assigned to it.