Limit BBM Enterprise activation to devices managed by UEM
BBM Enterpriseactivation to devices managed by
You can use an app configuration and a
BBM Enterpriseprofile to require that users' devices must be managed by a
BlackBerry UEMserver when they activate the app in the work space on their devices. When you limit activation to devices managed by
UEM, users must authenticate with the
UEMtenant during activation instead of using their
- Verify that theBBM Enterprisehas been added to theBlackBerry UEMinstance.
- Create a unique ID for theUEMinstance. The ID can be any string, but using a randomly generated GUID is recommended.
- In theUEMmanagement console, on theAppspage, open theBBM Enterpriseapp.
- In theApp configurationtable, click .
- Type a name for the app configuration.
- Do one of the following:TaskStepsForAndroiddevices
- Select theUEM Activation Onlycheck box.
- In theUEM Tenant Correlation IDfield, enter an ID for the tenant. The ID can be any string, but a randomly generated GUID is recommended.
- In theKeytable, click .
- Add a new entry with the key namerestrictActivationUemand aBooleanvalue and turn it on.
- Add another entry with the key namerestrictActivationUemManagedDeviceCorrelationIdand aStringvalue and turn it on.
- In theValuefield, enter the ID for the tenant. The ID can be any string, but a randomly generated GUID is recommended.
- On the menu bar, clickPolicies and profiles>BBM Enterprise.
- ClickAdd a profileor select a profile to edit.
- In the list of options, selectLimit BBME activation to devices managed by a specific BlackBerry UEM server.
- In theUEM Tenant Correlation IDfield, enter the ID for theUEMtenant. This ID must be the same as the one you added in the app configurations in step 4.
- Assign theBBM Enterpriseprofile to users.
- Assign theBBM Enterpriseapp to users.