- Monitoring and reporting
- Using dashboard reports
- Creating event notifications
- Managing licenses for devices
- View and save a device report
- Exporting app deployment reports
- Activity and compliance violation reports for BlackBerry Dynamics apps
- Monitoring the performance of BlackBerry Dynamics apps
- Monitoring the performance of Android Enterprise devices
- Using log files
- Managing BlackBerry UEM log files
- Finding log files in an on-premises environment
- Finding log files for a BlackBerry Connectivity Node
- Reading log files
- Viewing device actions
- Retrieving device logs
- Logging phone call and SMS/MMS activity for Android Enterprise and Samsung Knox Workspace devices
- Auditing events in BlackBerry UEM
- Monitoring BlackBerry UEM using SNMP tools
- Supported SNMP operations
- System requirements: SNMP monitoring
- MIBs for BlackBerry UEM
- Compile the MIB and configure the SNMP management tool
- Using SNMP to monitor components
- Configure SNMP to monitor components
- SNMP counters for enterprise connectivity
- SNMP counters for BlackBerry UEM Core
- SNMP counters for BlackBerry Secure Connect Plus
- Send system events to a SIEM solution
Get device logs using a BlackBerry UEM command
In an on-premises environment, you can use a
BlackBerry UEMcommand to get log files from the following device types:
BlackBerry UEM Cloud.
- iOSandAndroiddevices must have theBlackBerry UEM Clientinstalled.
- By default, the Junior HelpDesk role cannot retrieve log files.
- On the menu bar, clickUsers > Managed devices.
- Search for a user account.
- In the search results, click the name of the user account.
- Click the device tab.
- In theManage deviceswindow, clickGet device logs.
Retrieve the device log files. By default, the log files are stored in C:\Program Files\BlackBerry\UEM\Logs\device_logs.