Add an Android app to the app list
Androidapp to the app list
If you have configured support forGoogleallows
Android Enterprisedevices, the connection to
BlackBerry UEMto get app information from
Google Play. The connection to
Google Playis made directly from the computer that is running the
BlackBerry UEMconsole. If your organization is using a proxy server, you must ensure that no SSL interception occurs. For more information on ports that must be open, visit support.blackberry.com/community to read article 52777. For more information about configuring
BlackBerry UEMto support
Android Enterprisedevices, see the on-premises Configuration content or the Cloud Configuration content.
BlackBerry UEMis not configured to support
Android Enterprisedevices, see Add an Android app to the app list if BlackBerry UEM is not configured for Android Enterprise devices.
Google Playto manage apps in the
Samsung Knox Workspace, devices must have
Samsung Knox2.7.1 or later installed and you must allow
Google Playapp management for
Samsung Knox Workspacedevices in the activation profile.
- On the menu bar, clickApps.
- Click .
- ClickGoogle Play.
- In the left navigation menu, click .
- Search for the app that you want to add or pick an app on the store home page.
- Select the app.
- In theApp descriptionfield, type a description for the app.
- To add screen shots of the app, clickAddand browse to the screen shots. The supported image types are .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif.
- In theSend todrop-down list, perform one of the following actions:
- If you want the app to be sent to allAndroiddevices, selectAll Android devices.
- If you want the app to be sent to onlyAndroiddevices that useSamsung Knox Workspace, selectSamsung Knox Workspace devices.
- If you want the app to be sent only toAndroid Enterprisedevices, selectAndroid devices with a work profile.
- If you want the app to update automatically onAndroid Enterprisedevices, selectAutomatically update app on Android Enterprise devices when update available.
- For apps that support configuration settings, anApp configurationtable is displayed. If you want to create an app configuration, complete the following steps:
- Click to add an app configuration.
- Type a name for the app configuration and specify the configuration settings to use.
- If necessary, use the arrows to move the profiles up or down the ranking. When an app is assigned more than once with different app configurations, the app configuration with the higher rank applies.
- For devices withGoogle Playapp management, you must use theOrganize appsfeature in theAdd an Androidapp dialog box to manage yourGoogle Playstore layout. To filter apps in the app list by category and to organize the apps into categories in the work apps list on users' devices, you can create or select a category for the app. Complete the following steps:
- Click .
- ClickGoogle Play.
- ClickOrganize apps(at the bottom of the left-hand menu).
- ClickCreate a collection.
- Name the collection.
- Add the apps that you want to display in the collection.
- ClickAdd App.
- In theApp rating and reviewdrop-down list, perform one of the following actions. When multiple versions of the app exist, the setting specified applies to all versions of the app.
- If you want users to rate and provide reviews of apps and see all reviews submitted by other users in your environment, selectPublic mode.
- If you want users to only rate and provide reviews of apps, selectPrivate mode. Users cannot see reviews provided by other users. You can see reviews in theBlackBerry UEMmanagement console.
- If you don't want users to rate or provide reviews of apps or see reviews provided by other users, selectDisabled.