Add an Android app to the app list if BlackBerry UEM is not configured for Android Enterprise devices
Androidapp to the app list if
BlackBerry UEMis not configured for
BlackBerry UEMis not configured to support
Android Enterprise, use the following procedure.
BlackBerry UEMis configured to support
Android Enterprisedevices, see Add an Android app to the app list.
- On the menu bar, clickApps.
- Click .
- ClickGoogle Play.
- ClickOpen Google Playand search for the app that you want to add. You can then copy and paste information fromGoogle Playin the following steps and also download icons and screen shots.
- In theApp namefield, type the app name.
- In theApp descriptionfield, type a description for the app.
- To filter apps in the app list by category and to organize the apps into categories in the work apps list on users' devices, you can select a category for the app. In theCategorydrop-down list, do one of the following:TaskStepsSelect a category for the appIn the drop-down list, select a category.Create a category for the app
- Type a name for the category. The new category will appear in the drop-down list with the "new category" label beside it
- In theApp rating and reviewdrop-down list, perform one of the following actions. When multiple versions of the app exist, the setting specified applies to all versions of the app.
- If you want users to rate and provide reviews of apps and see all reviews submitted by other users in your environment, selectPublic mode.
- If you want users to rate and provide reviews of apps only, selectPrivate mode. Users cannot see reviews provided by other users. You can see reviews in theBlackBerry UEMmanagement console.
- If you don't want users to rate or provide reviews of apps or see reviews provided by other users, selectDisabled.
- In theVendorfield, type the name of the app vendor.
- In theApp iconfield, clickBrowse. Locate and select an icon for the app. The supported formats are .png, .jpg, .jpeg, or .gif. Do not useGoogle Chrometo download the icon because an incompatible .webp image is downloaded.
- In theApp web address from Google Playfield, type the web address of the app inGoogle Play.
- To add screen shots of the app, clickAddand browse to the screen shots. The supported image types are .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif.
- In theSend todrop-down list, perform one of the following actions:
- If you want the app to be sent to allAndroiddevices, selectAll Android devices.
- If you want the app to be sent to onlyAndroiddevices that useSamsung Knox Workspace, selectOnly KNOX Workspace devices.