Add a private app to the app list for Android Enterprise devices using the BlackBerry UEM management console
Android Enterprisedevices using the
BlackBerry UEMmanagement console
Use these instructions to add internal apps to
Google Playto deploy to
Private apps display the symbol and your
Android EnterpriseOrganization Name in the Vendor field in the app list.
If you have an on-premises
BlackBerry UEMenvironment, Specify the shared network location for storing internal apps.
- On the menu bar, clickApps.
- Click .
- ClickGoogle Play.
- In the left navigation menu, click .
- Click .
- In theTitlefield, type the text that will display on the device.
- Navigate to the app that you want to add and clickOpen.
- ClickCreate.The web app is created inGoogle Playand the app appears on the Private apps tab.Google Playtakes several minutes to upload and verify the .apk file and notifyBlackBerry UEMthat the app is ready. WhenUEMreceives the .apk file, it adds the app to the app list automatically.
- To add a description or icon for the the app or specify app details inGoogle Play, clickMake advanced edits, login toGoogle Play, and make the required changes.
- In thePrivate appstab, click the app you added, then clickSelect.
- In theApp descriptionfield, type a description for the app.
- To add screen shots of the app, clickAddand browse to the screen shots. The supported image types are .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif.
- If you want the app to update automatically onAndroid Enterprisedevices, selectAutomatically update app on Android Enterprise devices when update available.
- For apps that support configuration settings, anApp configurationtable is displayed. If you want to create an app configuration, complete the following steps:
- Click to add an app configuration.
- Type a name for the app configuration and specify the configuration settings to use.
- If necessary, use the arrows to move the profiles up or down the ranking. When an app is assigned more than once with different app configurations, the app configuration with the higher rank applies.
- To filter apps in the app list by category and to organize the apps into categories in the work apps list on users' devices, you can select a category for the app. In theCategorydrop-down list, do one of the following:TaskStepsSelect a category for the appIn the drop-down list, select a category.Create a category for the app
- Type a name for the category. The new category will appear in the drop-down list with the "new category" label beside it
- In theApp rating and reviewdrop-down list, perform one of the following actions. When multiple versions of the app exist, the setting specified applies to all versions of the app.
- If you want users to rate and provide reviews of apps and see all reviews submitted by other users in your environment, selectPublic mode.
- If you want users to only rate and provide reviews of apps, selectPrivate mode. Users cannot see reviews provided by other users. You can see reviews in theBlackBerry UEMmanagement console.
- If you don't want users to rate or provide reviews of apps or see reviews provided by other users, selectDisabled.
If the app is a
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp, create a
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp entitlement for the app and assign both the app and the entitlement to users. For more information, see Add an internal
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp entitlement.