Activate a device using a QR code
If your organization permits it, you can activate your
Androiddevice using a
QR Codeinstead of an activation password. When you activate a device with a
QR Code, you don't need to type any information.
You need a
QR Codeimage. You can find it in the activation email from your administrator, or you can create one in
BlackBerry UEM Self-Service. See Create an activation password or QR Code.
- On the device, install theBlackBerry UEM Clientapp. ForiOS, download the app from theApp Store. ForAndroid, download the app fromGoogle Play.
- On the device, tapUEM Client.
- Read the license agreement and tapI Agree.
- Scan theQR Codethat you received in the activation email or that you generated inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the device activation to complete.
To verify that the activation process completed successfully, you can perform one of the following actions:
- On the device, open theBlackBerry UEM Clientapp and tapAbout. In the Activated Device and Compliance Status sections, verify that the device information and the activation time stamp are present.
- InBlackBerry UEM Self-Service, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.