Create an activation password or QR Code
If your organization uses
BlackBerry UEM Cloud, QR codes are not available.
To activate devices, you need an activation password or a
QR Code. Depending on the permissions that your administrator has configured in
BlackBerry UEM, you might be able to create an activation password or a
BlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- Log in toBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- Depending on whether you are activating your first device, or you already have an activated device, click or click >Activate a device.
- In theDevicedrop-down menu, select the type of device that you want to activate.
- In theSpecify activation passwordandConfirm activation passwordfields, type a password that complies with the specified requirements.
- Review the information that is displayed in the confirmation message.
- If an Activation URL is displayed, copy it for later. You need to type the URL when you activate your device.
- If aQR Codeis displayed, you can use it to activate your device. For instructions, see Activate a device using a QR code. If necessary you can screen capture the image to use later.