Enable the use of an alternate email address to authenticate to BEMS-Docs
You can configure
BEMSto allow users to authenticate to
Microsoft SharePoint Onlinewith an email address that is different from the email address that was used to install and activate
BlackBerry Work. Complete this task only if your environment is configured to use one of the following:
- If your environment is configured to useWindowsauthentication, you can configureBEMSto use the UserPrincipalName (UPN), email address or any otherActive Directoryattribute to authenticate toMicrosoft SharePoint Online. By default, the UserPrincipalName attribute is used.
- If your environment uses modern authentication, you can configureBEMSto disable validating the email address when users authenticate toMicrosoft SharePoint Onlineor the environment usesAzure-IP.
- Sign in to the computer that is running theBEMS-Docsservice.
- In a browser, open theBEMSKaraf Console Configuration web site. Typehttps://localhost:8443/system/console/configMgrand login as administrator with the appropriateMicrosoft Active Directorycredentials.
- On the menu, clickMain > Gogo.
- In the command, type one of the following commands:TaskAttributeDescriptionAuthenticate toMicrosoft SharePoint Onlineusing maildocs:config SAMLUsernameAttribute mailAllows users to use their email address to authenticate toMicrosoft SharePoint Onlineinstead of the user's userPrincipalName.To use the users' UPN again to authenticate, typedocs:config SAMLUsernameAttribute UserPrincipalNameDisable user validation when authenticating to one of the following:
docs:config modernauth.uservalidation.skip 1Disables validation of the user's email address.
- Microsoft SharePoint Onlineconfigured for modern authentication
- Close the browser.