Enable modern authentication for Microsoft
Microsoft SharePoint Online
You can also enable modern authentication for
Microsoft SharePoint Onlinewhen you have
Microsoft SharePointconfigured in your environment.
If you enable modern authentication, configured the
Azureregistration in the
Docs > Settingsscreen. For more information, see Configure the Docs security settings.
- In theBlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Server Dashboard, underBlackBerry Services Configuration, clickDocs.
- Click the storage nameSharePoint Online.
- If this is a new installation, the following settings are selected by default:
- Authentication Providerdrop-down list:Modern. For information about authentication providers and the storage provider that each can be used for, see 'Authentication providers' in the BlackBerry Docs Service Configuration content.
- Use Azure registration from Settingscheck box is selected.SharePointuses theAzureregistration settings that are specified in theDocs > Settingsscreen. For more information, see Configure the Docs security settings.
- If you upgraded fromBEMS2.10 or earlier and modern authentication was configured, no additional actions are required. Optionally, select theUse Azure registration from Settingscheck box forSharePointto use theAzureregistration settings that are specified in theDocs > Settingsscreen. For more information, see Configure the Docs security settings.
- To make the storage available on user devices, select the select theEnable Storagecheckbox.It may take up to an hour or a restart of the apps for storage changes to take effect on users' devices. It may take up to five minutes for the changes to take effect on the server. Enabling and disabling storage providers on this page affects what storage resources are visible at any given time for users, but it has no such impact on the server. If this option is not selected, users can't access the fileshare and receive the following error message on the device:Data sources could not be retrieved. Unable to connect to the server.