Enable user-defined repository permissions
For users to access their
Microsoft SharePointrepositories on their devices, make sure that they have the "Read" permission level and the "Browse Directories" permission assigned.
- In theBlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Server Dashboard, underBlackBerry Services Configuration, clickDocs.
- Click theUser Definedtab.
- Select theEnable 'User Defined Shares'checkbox to allow your mobile users to define their own data sources.
- Optionally, select theAutomatically add sites followed by userscheckbox for authorizedMicrosoft SharePointrepositories with the required MySite plugin enabled.To automatically add followed sites, complete the following steps:
- On the Admin-defined tab, add a repository for the "my" or personalSharePointsite. For instructions, see Define a repository.
- Select theAdd sites followed by users on this sitefor the repository.
- On the User-defined tab, make sure that you select theEnable user-defined sharesandAutomatically add sites followed by userscheck boxes.
- In theStoragesection, select one or more storage services.If you do not select at least one storage option, the user-defined option is disabled.
- In theAccess Permissionssection, clickAdd users/groups.
- In theSearch Infield, enter a new domain or keep the default domain.
- In theSearch for Users in Active Directoryfield, type a full or partial search string. ClickSearch.
- In the search results, select one or more entries.
- Optionally, select theUse Different Credentialsand enter a username and password to configure a different Username and Password for accessing this repository by these users.
- ClickAdd. The users and groups added automatically receive the default access permissions.
- SelectAdd New Repositoriesto allow users to create their own links to existing document repositories using theBlackBerry Workapp or Docs Self-Service web console. For more information on access permissions, see Access permissions.