Create a VPN profile
The required profile settings vary for each device type and depend on the VPN connection type and authentication type that you select. You can use a variable in any profile setting that is a text field to reference a value instead of specifying the actual value.
An alternative to creating a VPN profile, you can choose to use
CylanceGATEWAYto create a zero-trust network access (ZTNA) profile that is recognized by devices as a VPN provider.
CylanceGATEWAYtrusts nothing and no one by default. For more information, see Integrating BlackBerry UEM with CylanceGATEWAY to create a ZTNA profile.
- If devices use certificate-based authentication for work VPN connections, create a CA certificate profile and assign it to user accounts, user groups, or device groups. To send client certificates to devices, create a SCEP, shared certificate, or user credential profile to associate with the VPN profile.
- ForiOS,iPadOS,macOS, andSamsung Knoxdevices that use a proxy server, create a proxy profile to associate with the VPN profile.
- ForSamsung Knoxdevices, add the appropriate VPN client app to the app list and assign it to user accounts, user groups, or device groups. The supported VPN client apps areCisco AnyConnectandJuniper.
- On the menu bar, clickPolicies and Profiles.
- ClickNetworks and connections > VPN.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the VPN profile. This information is displayed on devices.
- If your organization requires that users provide a username and password to connect to the VPN network, in theUsernamefield, type%UserName%.
Wi-Fiprofile to user accounts, user groups, or device groups.