Create an AirPlay profile for iOS devices
AirPlayis a feature that lets you display photos or stream music and video to compatible
AirPlaydevices such as
AppleTV, AirPort Express, or
AirPlayprofile you can specify which
iPadOSusers can connect to. The
AirPlayprofile has two options:
- If your organization'sAirPlaydevices are password protected, you can specify device passwords for allowed destination devices so thatiOSandiPadOSdevice users are able to connect without knowing the password.
- For supervised devices, you can restrict whichAirPlaydevices users can connect to by specifying a list of allowedAirPlaydevices for supervised devices. Supervised devices can connect only to theAirPlaydevices specified in the list. If you don't create a list, supervised devices can connect to anyAirPlaydevice.
- On the menu bar, clickPolicies and Profiles > Networks and connections > AirPlay.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for theAirPlayprofile.
- Click in theAllowed destination devicessection.
- In theDevice namefield, type the name of theAirPlaydevice you want to provide the password for. You can find the name of theAirPlaydevice in the device settings or you can look up the name of the device by tappingAirPlayin the Control Center of aniOSoriPadOSdevice to see a list of availableAirPlaydevices near you.
- In thePasswordfield, type a password.
- Click in theAllowed destination devices for supervised devicessection.
- In theDevice IDfield, type the device ID of theAirPlaydevice you want to allow supervised devices to connect to. You can find the device ID of theAirPlaydevice in the device settings. Supervised devices can connect only toAirPlaydevices in the list.
Assign the AirPlay profile to user accounts, user groups, or device groups.