Update the BlackBerry Connectivity app for Samsung Knox Workspace and Android Enterprise devices that don't have access to Google
BlackBerry Connectivityapp for
Samsung Knox Workspaceand
Android Enterprisedevices that don't have access to
Follow the instructions below to update the
BlackBerry Connectivityapp on users' devices to the latest version.
To benefit from the latest server updates, it is a best practice to upgrade to the latest version of
- Visit BlackBerry myAccount Software Downloads to download the latest version of theBlackBerry Connectivityapp. Save the files on each computer that hosts aUEMinstance.
- InstructKnox Workspacedevice users to update theBlackBerry UEM Clientto the latest version available inGoogle Play.
- ForKnox Workspaceactivations, since the latest release of theBlackBerry Connectivityapp is available inGoogle Play, users can update the app themselves. You must still complete the following steps to configureUEMto support the app.
- ForAndroid Enterpriseactivations, users can update to the latest release of theBlackBerry Connectivityapp fromGoogle Playthemselves ifGoogle Playis enabled in the workspace. You must still complete the following steps to configureUEMto support the app.
- To configureUEMto support theBlackBerry Connectivityapp for devices that needBlackBerry Secure Connect Plus:
- In theUEMmanagement console, on the menu bar, clickApps.
- Click >Internal apps.
- ClickBrowseand select the .apk file for the latestBlackBerry Connectivityapp forAndroid.
- In theSend tofield, selectAll Android devices.
- DeselectPublish app in Google domain.
- Assign the app that you added in the previous step toSamsung Knox Workspacedevices andAndroid Enterprisedevices that don't have access toGoogle Play. The app disposition must be set toRequired.
UEMsends a policy update notification to the
Knox Workspacedevices. The
UEM Clientupdates the
BlackBerry Connectivityapp when the app is assigned as a required app.