Using CylanceV to scan for unsafe files
CylanceVto scan for unsafe files
CylanceVdoes not permanently install on the system. When you close
CylanceV, the program removes any temporary files it may have created while it was running. You can store the
CylanceVfiles on a USB flash drive and run the application from it.
- Double-clickCylanceV.exe. The end-user license agreement (EULA) displays.
- ClickAccept. A message displays stating you must enter the authentication key.
- ClickOK, enter the authentication key, and clickSave.
- Define a path to a folder where you want the scan to start. Either type a path in the Start Folder field or click the browse icon and select a folder.
- Click theStartbutton to start the scan. The status bar at the bottom updates with information about safe, abnormal, unsafe, and total analyzed file counts. When the scan completes, the status in the lower-left displays idle.
- When the scan completes, you can click on the icons in the toolbar to do the following:Toolbar itemDescriptionClear File ListThis clears the list of files analyzed.Export to CSVThis exports the list to a .csv file; you can then import the file into another program or view the contents using a spreadsheet application.Select CategoriesThis allows you to select the columns visible in the GUI. This will also affect what information appears in the .csv file.StartThis starts a scan. During a scan, the icon changes to a stop button.Start WatchingThis scans the files in a folder and analyze any files added to the folder.Recheck Unscored FilesIf any of the analyzed files do not have aCylancescore, clickingRecheck Unscored Filesreanalyzes the unscored filesAutomatically submit unknown samples toBlackBerryfor analysis: EnabledWhen this is enabled, any file that is scanned and has not been previously analyzed byCylanceINFINITYis uploaded for analysis.