Create a shared device group
When you create a shared device group, a local user account is created. This local user account owns the shared device group.
- On the menu bar, clickDedicated devices > Shared device groups.
- Click beside the search bar.
- Type a name for the shared device group.
- Optionally, type a description for the shared device group.
- Type the username for device activation.
- To require users to accept terms of service when they check out a shared device, perform the following actions:
- SelectEnable terms of service.
- Type the terms of service text.
- In theGranted userssection, search for a user and click their name in the list of search results.
- Repeat step 7 for each user that you want to add.
- To assign an app or app group to the device group, in theAssigned appssection, click .You can't addBlackBerry Dynamicsapps to device groups because entitlements can only be granted to users. AnyBlackBerry Dynamicsapps included in app groups that you add to device groups will not be assigned to users.You can't addAndroidapps that have an optional disposition to device groups in aBlackBerry UEMenvironment that supportsAndroid Enterprise.Google Play for Workcannot assign apps to device IDs.Google Play for Workcan assign apps only toAndroidapps that have a required disposition to a device group, the apps will be installed, but the apps will not be listed inGoogle Play for Work.
- Search for the app.
- In the search results, select the app.
- In theDispositiondrop-down list for the app or app group, perform one of the following actions:
- If the app is aniOSorAndroidapp: To require users to follow the actions defined for apps in the compliance profile assigned to them, selectRequired.
- If the app group supportsAndroid Enterprise, the disposition can only be set as required.
- To permit users to install and remove the app, selectOptional.The same app can be assigned directly to the user account, or inherited from user groups or device groups. The settings for the app (for example, whether the app is required) are assigned based on priority: device groups take precedence over user accounts and user groups.
- ForiOSdevices, to assign per-app VPN settings to an app or app group, in thePer app VPNdrop-down list for the app or app group, select the settings to associate with the app or app group.
- ForiOSandAndroiddevices, if there is an available app configuration, select the app configuration to assign to the app.
- If you are usingAndroid Enterpriseand have created tracks for apps in theGoogle Playconsole, select aTrackto assign to the app.
UEM Clientapp lock, edit the shared device group information.