Assign an app to a user account
If you need to control apps at the user level, you can assign apps or app groups to user accounts. When you assign an app to a user, the app is made available to any devices that the user has activated for that device type, and the app is listed in the work app catalog on the device.
You can also assign apps to users for device types that the user has not activated yet. If the user activates a different device type in the future, the proper apps are made available to that user's new device.
The same app can be assigned directly to the user account, or inherited from user groups or device groups. The settings for the app (for example, whether the app is required) are assigned based on priority: device groups have the highest priority, then user accounts, then user groups.
- Add the app to the available app list.
- Optionally, add the apps to an app group.
- On the menu bar, clickUsers > Managed devices.
- Search for a user account.
- In the search results, click the name of a user account.
- In theAppssection, click .
- Select the check box beside the apps or app group that you want to assign to the user account.
- In theDispositiondrop-down list for the app, perform one of the following actions:
- To require users to install the app, selectRequired.
- To permit users to install and remove the app, selectOptional.If the same app is assigned to a user account, a user group that the user belongs to, and the device group the device belongs to, the disposition of the app assigned in the device group takes precedence.
- ForiOSdevices, to assign per-app VPN settings to an app or app group, in thePer app VPNdrop-down list for the app or app group, select the settings to associate with the app or app group.
- ForiOSandAndroiddevices, if there is an available app configuration, select the app configuration to assign to the app.
- If you are usingAndroid Enterpriseand have created tracks for apps in theGoogle Playconsole, select aTrackto assign to the app.