Request a connection
You can request a connection with an organization from the All organizations page. After you create connections, you must specify users that should be included in external searches. By default, users are excluded from external searches. For more information, see Create BBM Enterprise profiles in the BBM Enterprise Administration Guide for UEM.
- On the menu bar, clickOrg Connect>All organizations.
- Search for the organization that you want to request a connection with. For instructions, see Search for an organization.
- In the search results, clickNew connectionbeside the organization name.
- On theRequest a connectionscreen, in theMessagefield, type a message. You can create a message or use the default text.
- In theBBM Enterprise connection agreementsection, select the check boxes beside the contact sharing agreements.You can specify whether only your organization's contacts are visible to to the invited organization, whether only the invited organization's contacts are visible to your organization, or whether contacts are visible to both organizations.If your organization's contacts are shared,BBM Enterpriseusers in the connected organization can search for anyBBM Enterpriseuser in your company directory. This may include employees of other organizations that are members of the directory (for example, contract workers).
After you send a connection request, the request appears in the organization's
Org Connectmailbox, and the
Org Connectowner and administrators receive an email notification. The connection request also appears in the sent items in your