Send a notification
After verifying your settings and delivery methods by sending a test notification, you can send a notification.
- Log in toUEMas an administrator.
- On theUEMmenu bar, clickNotifications.
- ClickNew notification.
- On theNew notificationwindow, enter a title for your notification.
- Optionally, enter the content of your notification in theBodyfield.
- Select a severity from theSeveritylist.
- Optionally, enter a URL in theAdditional info linkfield if you want to include a link in your notification that your users can click on to see more information about your notification.
- In theTarget recipientssection, selectGroups.
- Click to select a group from theAvailable groupslist. You canctrl-clickorshift-clickto select multiple groups.
- Click to move the groups to theSelected groupswindow.
- Select the delivery methods you want to use to send your notification. You can choose any combination of phone, email, or text messaging.
- ClickSend notification. A pop-up message appears that indicates the total number of groups and end users your notification will be sent to.
- When you are certain that your notification and targeted groups are correct, clickSend Now.