Verify that a device is allowed to access Exchange ActiveSync
When your organization uses
BlackBerry Gatekeeping Serviceto control which devices are allowed to access work email and organizer data from
Exchange ActiveSync, you can verify the connection status between the device and
Exchange ActiveSync. To establish a connection, users are assigned an email profile that has at least one gatekeeping server associated with it. The connection status is shown on the device details page of the user account, beside the email profile in the IT policy and profiles section.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickUsers > Managed devices.
- Search for and click the name of a user account.
- Select the tab for the device that you want to verify.
- In theIT policy and profilessection, note the following statuses.
- Connection allowed: This status is displayed whenBlackBerry UEMknows the ID of the device and the device is on the allowed list.
- Connection pending: This status is displayed whenBlackBerry UEMknows the ID of the device and the device is in queue to be added to the allowed list.
- Unknown: This status is displayed whenBlackBerry UEMcannot determine the ID of the device. The device is listed in the Restricted device list and must be manually added to the allowed list.