Create a gatekeeping profile
After configuring the
BlackBerry Gatekeeping Servicefor automatic gatekeeping, you need to create a gatekeeping profile and assign it to user accounts, user groups, or device groups. The gatekeeping profile allows you to select the
Microsoft Exchangegatekeeping servers or
BlackBerry Connectivity Nodeserver groups for automatic gatekeeping.
If you are using
BlackBerry Connectivity Nodeserver groups, select the appropriate server group that has one or more active instances of the
BlackBerry Gatekeeping Service. Any user that is assigned this gatekeeping profile can use any active instance of the
BlackBerry Gatekeeping Servicein that server group.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickPolicies and profiles.
- ClickEmail, calendar and contacts > Gatekeeping.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the profile.
- ClickSelect servers.
- Select one or more servers and click .
- Assign the gatekeeping profile to user accounts, user groups, or device groups.
- For users to access work email, you need to assign an email profile or theBlackBerry Workapp to them. If you are administeringBlackBerry Work, you need to enable theBlackBerry Gatekeeping Serviceservice in the app config.