Update app permissions for Android Enterprise apps
If you do not accept app permissions on behalf of users, the app cannot be assigned to
Android Enterprisedevices. You must accept app permissions when you add the app to the app list, and you might have to reaccept them later if the permissions for the app change.
Apps can also be unapproved or deleted from the
Google Playconsole but still appear as if they are available in
BlackBerry UEM. You must update the app information in
BlackBerry UEMto synchronize permissions with
- On the menu bar, clickApps.
- Click .
- In the app list, apps with permission changes are shown with a caution icon and a status message. The following statuses may occur after you update the app list. Perform one of the following tasks to resolve the issue:StatusStepsReaccept app permissionsThe app permissions have changed in theGoogle Playconsole. To be able to manage the app, you must reaccept the app permissions. To reaccept the permissions, complete the following steps:
Delete app fromBlackBerry UEMThe app was unapproved from theGoogle Playconsole but was not removed fromBlackBerry UEM. If you want to continue to manage this app on devices, you must approve the app in theGoogle Playconsole. If you no longer want to manage the app, complete the following steps:
- ClickReaccept app permissions.
Approve app inGoogle PlayThe app was unapproved in theGoogle Playconsole. To be able to manage the app, you must approve the app in theGoogle Playconsole. To approve the app, complete the following steps:
- ClickDelete app from BlackBerry UEM.
App was added inGoogle Playand is being added toBlackBerry UEMApps that have been added to theGoogle Play for Workconsole, but not toBlackBerry UEM, are automatically synchronized toBlackBerry UEMwhen you update the app list. You do not have to perform any actions.
- ClickApprove app in Google Play.
- Accept the app permissions.