Add an internal Android app using the Google Developers Console
Androidapp using the
Google Developers Console
You can use theGoogleDeveloper account to log in to the
Google Developers Consoleto upload internal apps to for
Androiddevices. You need a
Google Developers Console.
If you useGoogle.
Google Playto host the app, you can use configuration settings to modify app behaviors and set the app as required or optional. To host an app in
Google Play, you upload an .apk file to the
Google Developers Consoleand publish the app in
Google Playso that users can install the internal app on their devices. For instructions on uploading an .apk file for
Androiddevices in the
Google Developers Console, see the information from
If you want to host internal apps for
BlackBerry UEM, you must generate a .json file for the app, upload the .json file to
Google Play, and get the license key for the published app. Apps that are hosted in
BlackBerry UEMcan be set only as optional and you cannot use configuration settings to modify app features and behaviors. To host the .apk file in
BlackBerry UEM, you must meet the following requirements:
- Verify that you have OpenSSL,JDK,Python2.x, andAndroid Asset Packaging Tool(aapt) installed in a Path location on the computer hosting the app.
- This method is available only when the "AddGoogle Playaccount to work space" option is not selected in the activation profile that is assigned to the user.
- If you configured support forAndroid Enterprise, use the same email address for the developer account that you used to set upAndroid Enterprise.
- Apps that are hosted inBlackBerry UEMcan be set only as optional and you cannot use configuration settings to modify app features and behaviors.
- InBlackBerry UEM, Add an internal app to the app list. Select theEnable the app for Android Enterpriseoption, and in theApp will be hosted bydrop-down list, clickBlackBerry UEM. Copy and save the URL that is displayed inBlackBerry UEM.Note: You need to select Enable the app for Android Enterprise even if you are hosting the app for all Android devices.
For more information, see the information fromGoogle.
- On the menu bar, clickApps.
- Click .
- ClickInternal apps.
- ClickBrowse. Navigate to the app that you want to add or update.
- Optionally, add a vendor name and an app description.
- To add screen shots of the app, clickAdd. Browse to the screen shots. The supported image types are .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif.
- Optionally, set runtime app permissions. ClickSet app permissionsand for each permission that the app requests, specify whether to grant or deny permission or use the app permission policy, then clickSave.
- In theSend todrop-down list, perform one of the following actions:
- If you want the app to be sent to allAndroiddevices, selectAll Android devices.
- If you want the app to be sent to onlyAndroiddevices that useSamsung Knox Workspace, selectSamsung KNOX Workspace devices.
- If you want the app to be sent only toAndroid Enterprisedevices, selectAndroid devices with a work profile.
- To filter apps in the app list by category and to organize the apps into categories in the work apps list on users' devices, you can select a category for the app. In theCategorydrop-down list, do one of the following:TaskStepsSelect a category for the app
Create a category for the app
- In the drop-down list, select a category.
- Type a name for the category. The "new category" will appear in the drop-down list with the new category label beside it
- In theApp rating and reviewdrop-down list, perform one of the following actions. When multiple versions of the app exist, the setting specified applies to all versions of the app.
- If you want users to rate and provide reviews of apps and see all reviews submitted by other users in your environment, selectPublic mode.
- If you want users to only rate and provide reviews of apps, selectPrivate mode. Users cannot see reviews provided by other users. You can see reviews in theBlackBerry UEMmanagement console.
- If you don't want users to rate or provide reviews of apps or see reviews provided by other users, selectDisabled.
- For apps that support configuration settings, anApp configurationtable is displayed. Click to add an app configuration. For more information, see Adding or changing an app configuration.
- ClickAdd. If you plan to host the app inBlackBerry UEMusing a .json file, copy and save the URL that is displayed.
If you are updating an app that you already added, wait 24 hours and see "Update an internal app" to complete the process.