Create an app shortcut for iOS, macOS, and Android devices
You must create an app shortcut for each shortcut to a web page that you want to display on users’ devices. For devices activated with
BlackBerry Dynamics, you have the option to add the shortcut to the
BlackBerry Dynamics Launcher.
- Verify that users are assigned an app entitlement for “Feature – BlackBerry App Store” (com.blackberry.feature.appstore).
- Verify that the image that you plan to use as the icon for the shortcut meets the following requirements:
- The image format is .png, .jpg, or .jpeg.
- The image does not have transparent elements. Any transparent elements will display as black on the device.
- The maximum image size is 120x120.
- On the menu bar, clickApps.
- Click .
- ClickApp shortcut.
- Type a name and description for the app shortcut. The name is used as the label for the app shortcut.
- Beside theShortcut iconfield, clickBrowse. Locate and select an image for the app shortcut icon. The supported image formats are .png, .jpg, or .jpeg.
- Select the device types that you want to configure this app shortcut for.
- In each of the device type tabs that you selected, in the URL field, type the web address of the shortcut. The web address must begin with http:// or https://.:
- ForiOSandiPadOS14 and later devices, in theTarget appfield, specify the ID of the app that you want to open the URL.
- ForiOSandiPadOS15 and later devices, specify options for the shortcut:
- SelectUser's home screento add the shortcut to the home screen on the device.
- If you want to allow the user to delete the shortcut, selectAllow user to remove app shortcut.
- If you don't want the web clip to appear in a browser window, selectOpen as a full screen app.
- If the web clip doesn't appear in a browser window, and you don't want the browser UI to appear when the user navigates away from the web clip, selectIgnore manifest scope.
- Select the location where you want the shortcut to be added. If you add the shortcut to theBlackBerry Dynamics Launcher, specify whether you want the web site to open in theBlackBerry Accessbrowser.