Create an app lock mode profile
Specify a single app or apps to run on devices and select the device settings that you want to enable for the user. For supervised
iOSdevices, you can select an app in the app list, specify the bundle ID of the app, or select a built-in app. For
Android Enterprisedevices and
Androiddevices that are managed using
Samsung KnoxMDM, you can add apps from the app list or specify the app package identifier. For
Windows 10devices managed using MDM, specify the account and the Application User Model ID (AUMID) of the app. Visit docs.microsoft.com to find the AUMID.
If the user does not install the app on a device, when you assign the profile to a user or user group the device is not restricted to the app.
If you plan to use the app list to select an app, make sure that the app is available in the app list.
- On the menu bar, clickPolicies and Profiles.
- ClickPolicy > App lock mode.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the profile.
- Specify the device types the profile applies to.
- Perform one of the following tasks:TaskStepsSpecify the app to run oniOSdevicesIn theSpecify the app to run on the devicesection, perform one of the following actions:
Specify the apps to run onAndroiddevicesIn theSpecify the apps to run on the devicesection, beside the app table, click and do the following to specify the apps that you want to limit the device to:
- ClickSelect an app from the app list, clickAdd an app, and click an app in the list.
- ClickSpecify the app package ID of an appand type the app package ID (for example, <com.company.appname>). Valid characters are uppercase and lowercase letters, 0 to 9, hyphen (-), and period (.).
- ClickSelect a built-in iOS appand select an app from the drop-down list.
ForAndroid Enterprisedevices, if you want to limit the device to a specific app, clickLimit device to a single appand select the app. The app that you specify in this setting automatically opens when the device starts and the user always returns to it. The app can access the other apps that you specify in the profile when it is required.Specify the app to run onWindows 10devices
- ClickSpecify the app package ID of an appand type the app package ID (for example, <com.company.appname>) and the name of the app. Valid characters are uppercase and lowercase letters, 0 to 9, hyphen (-), and period (.). ClickAdd.
- ClickSelect an app from the app list, and click an app in the list. ClickAdd.
- In theAccountfield, type a user account name that includes the domain name and user name. For a local user, use the device name in place of the domain name.
- In theApplication User Model IDfield, type the AUMID of the app (for example, the AUMID for the Calculator app isMicrosoft.WindowsCalculator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App.
- ForiOSandAndroiddevices, in theAdministrator-enabled settings, select the options that you want to enable for the user when using the app.
- ForiOSdevices, in theUser-enabled settings, select the options that the user can enable.
If necessary, rank profiles.