Provision an application that can call the web API
To provision a new API integration with the
BlackBerry AtHocmanagement system, you must have organization administrator, enterprise administrator, or system administrator permissions. You must have system administrator permissions to enable a provisioned application.
The Client ID and Client Secret can be used only in the organization in which they are created. If the Client ID and Client Secret are created in the System Setup (3) organization, they can be used in any organization. If the Client ID and Client Secret are created in an Enterprise organization, they can be used in any of that Enterprise's suborganizations. If the Client ID provided does not follow these inheritance rules, a 400 (Bad Request) error code is returned.
- Log in to theBlackBerry AtHocmanagement system as an organization administrator, enterprise administrator, or system administrator.
- In the navigation bar, click .
- In the System Setup section, clickAPI Applications.
- On theAPI Applicationswindow, clickNew.
- On theNew API Applicationwindow, enter a name for the API integration.
- (System administrators only) Select theEnabledcheck box besideStatus.
- In the Authentication section, select a Grant Type. Password is the default. If you select Implicit, enter a redirect URI in the text box that appears.
- ClickSave. A success message appears that includes the Client ID and Client Secret.
- Take note of the displayed Client Secret. It is displayed only once and will need to be regenerated if it is lost.
After you provision your application in the
BlackBerry AtHocmanagement system, contact
BlackBerry AtHocCustomer Support to have the application reviewed and enabled.