Configuring BlackBerry Dynamics Launcher
BlackBerry Dynamics Launcher
BlackBerry Dynamics Launcheris a UI component that is accessed in
BlackBerry Dynamicsapps (for example,
BlackBerry Work) with the
BlackBerry Dynamics Launcherbutton. The
BlackBerry Dynamics Launchercreates a placeholder location for app settings. The
BlackBerry Dynamics Launcheris a library module with numerous functions, currently comprising of the following:
- The user's name, photo, presence, and status
- A list ofBlackBerry Dynamics-powered apps and modules installed on the device.
- Quick create options to easily compose an email, create a note, schedule a calendar event, or add a contact, regardless of which app is currently open.
To provide this rich user experience, the
BlackBerry Dynamics Launcherlibrary requires
BEMSserver-side services to:
- Synchronize policy-based sections (modules) between applications. For example, whenDocsis enabled inBlackBerry Work, theDocsicon is enabled in theBlackBerry Dynamics Launcher, even when it is opened outside ofBlackBerry Workin apps likeBlackBerry AccessorBlackBerry Connect.
- Fetch company directory information about the user to display the correct name and picture.
- Fetch presence information for the user and display the appropriate status (available, busy, away, do not disturb) and the user's presence message.
The required server-side services for the
BlackBerry Dynamics Launchercomprise of the following:
- Presence(service id = com.good.gdservice.enterprise.presence)
- BlackBerry Directory Lookup(service id = com.good.gdservice.enterprise.directory)
- BlackBerryFollow-Me Store (service id = com.good.gdservice.enterprise.followme)
The client entitlement app to use these services is
GoodEnterprise Services (AppID = com.good.gdserviceentitlement.enterprise). For information on entitlement apps that are required when the services are installed on separate computers, see Server-side services.
BlackBerry Dynamicsclients, like the
BlackBerry Workapp, check the server list for available
BEMSinstances hosting these services. This means the list must be populated with at least one computer that hosts
GoodEnterprise Services. In addition, the
GoodEnterprise Services entitlement app must be added to at least one App Group in
"All users"or in