Enable the Connect service to use a global catalog
Connectservice to use a global catalog
The instructions in this topic use the environment example.com to configure the
Connectservice to use a global catalog. If you installed the
Connectservice on multiple servers, complete this task on each computer that is running the
- In a text editor, open the GoodConnectServer.exe.config file. By default, the file is located in<folder.drive>:\Program Files\BlackBerry\BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Server\Good Connect
- In the <appSettings> section of the file, locate the following values:
- <addkey = "AD_USERS_SOURCE" value= "" />
- <addkey = "AD_USERS_SOURCE_DOMAIN" value="" />
- Update the values as required for your environment. For example, to configure theConnectservice to accessActive Directorydomains outside of the local domain that theBEMSis located in, complete the following steps:
- In the value double quotation marks of the <addkey = "AD_USERS_SOURCE" value= "" /> key, enterGC.
- In the value double quotation marks of the <addkey = "AD_USERS_SOURCE_DOMAIN" value="" /> key, enterDC=EXAMPLE,DC=COMor the fully qualified domain nameEXAMPLE.COM. Make sure that you use the distinguished name of the domain. For more information, see Appendix: Understanding the BEMS-Connect configuration file.The following example shows the GoodConnectServer.config file configured to access a global catalog:. . <!-- valid values are: GC - Global Catalog; LDAP - Active Directory (default) --> <add key="AD_USERS_SOURCE" value="GC" /> <!-- valid values are: "DC=GOOD,DC=COM" - GC/AD at good.com (example only, change to your domain); No value attribute (default) - Domain the Good Connect resides; --> <add key="AD_USERS_SOURCE_DOMAIN" value="DC=EXAMPLE,DC=COM" /> . .
- In theWindowsManager, restart theGood Technology Connectservice.