Using enterprise simulation mode
During the development and testing of your
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp, you can run the app in enterprise simulation mode to verify its execution and functionality. This mode simulates the user authentication process, so there is no direct communication with your organization’s
UEMserver. As a result, a valid activation key is not required to activate the app.
Enterprise simulation mode runs the app on an
Androidvirtual device (AVD) that is included in the SDK. Note that even though there is no communication with the management server, communication with the
BlackBerry Dynamics NOCstill occurs during the initial activation of the app. The
BlackBerry Dynamics NOCmust be accessible from your testing environment.
You will notice the following differences when you run the app in enterprise simulation mode:
- A [Simulated] label appears in theBlackBerry Dynamics Runtimeuser interface.
- Any email address and activation key (PIN) is accepted for enterprise activation.
- The provisioning and policy setup flow is only simulated in the UI.
- A hard-coded set of profiles and policies from the management server is applied. Authentication delegation is not supported.
You should also note the following:
- If you run an app that was built for enterprise simulation mode on an actual device and not on an emulator, the app will be wiped.
- If you try to change to simulation mode when the app is already installed on a device, the app will be wiped.
- Lost password recovery is not available.
- Inter-container Communication (ICC) cannot be used; as a result, the Shared Services Framework cannot be used.
- The Secure Storage, Secure Communication, and Push Channel APIs (Android/iOS) are all available in enterprise simulation mode. The communication APIs will not be able to connect to your organization's application servers through theBlackBerry Dynamicsproxy infrastructure. You can make connections to your organization's application servers if, for example, the AVD is running on a computer on your organization's LAN or VPN.