Support for CylancePROTECT Desktop on legacy operating systems
CylancePROTECT Desktopon legacy operating systems
BlackBerry provides continued support for specific versions of the CylancePROTECT Desktop agent on the following legacy operating systems. The operating systems below are designated as legacy because they have been deprecated by the manufacturer.
Changes to the information below will be published at least 12 months in advance to help customers prepare for the removal of support for legacy operating systems.
Required version of the
Windows Server2008 R2
Windows Server2003 (SP2)
Windows Server2003 R2 (SP2)
LinuxRHEL 6.6 to 6.10
Windows Server2008 R2 also supports the
CylanceOPTICSagent version 3.2.1299.
- BlackBerrystrongly encourages customers to upgrade desktop devices to modern operating systems that are actively supported by the manufacturer and to upgrade to the latest available version of theCylancePROTECT Desktopagent to benefit from the latest features and fixes. For more information about the operating systems and the agent versions thatBlackBerryofficially supports, see the CylancePROTECT Desktop compatibility matrix and the CylancePROTECT Desktop requirements.
- CylancePROTECT Desktopagent version 2.1.1564 and 1568 are no longer available for download from theCylanceconsole, but they are available by request fromBlackBerryTechnical Support.
- BlackBerryTechnical Support will engage in commercially reasonable efforts to resolve or provide a workaround forCylancePROTECT Desktopissues on the indicated legacy operating systems, but the success of resolutions or workarounds cannot be guaranteed.
- BlackBerryEngineering does not commit to bug fixes, security updates, or feature enhancements for legacy operating systems, for the following reasons:
- Legacy operating systems do not support the framework or technologies thatBlackBerryrequires for our products.
- The manufacturer has decided to no longer support these operating systems, which could expose serious security flaws or defects that the manufacturer will not address.