Create a custom role
If the preconfigured roles available in
BlackBerry UEMdo not meet your organization's requirements, you can create custom roles for administrators. You can also create custom roles to restrict administrative tasks to a defined list of user groups. For example, you can create a role for new administrators that restricts their permissions to a user group for training purposes only.
You must be a Security Administrator to create a custom role.
- On the menu bar, clickSettings.
- In the left pane, expandAdministrators.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the role.
- To copy permissions from another role, click a role in thePermissions copied from roledrop-down list.
- Perform one of the following tasks:TaskStepsAllow administrators in this role to search all company directories
Allow administrators in this role to search selected company directories
- Select theAll company directoriesoption.
- Select theSelected company directories onlyoption.
- ClickSelect directories.
- Select one or more directories and click .
- Perform one of the following tasks:TaskStepsAllow administrators in this role to manage all users and groups
Allow administrators in this role to manage selected groups
- Select theAll groups and usersoption.
- Select theSelected groups onlyoption.
- ClickSelect groups.
- Select one or more groups and click .
- Configure the permissions for administrators in this role.