Manually configure the Presence service for multiple application endpoints
Presenceservice for multiple application endpoints
You can manually configure multiple application endpoints for
BlackBerry Presenceto load balance
Presencerequests between multiple endpoints on a single
Cisco Jabber, and
Skype for Businesson-premises using non-trusted application mode do not support multiple application endpoints.
If you installed the
Presenceservice on multiple computers, complete this task on each computer that hosts the
You must have a
Skype for Businesssetup in your environment.
- On the computer that hostsBEMS, navigate to theLyncPresenceProviderService.exe.configfile. By default, the LyncPresenceProviderService.exe.config file is located in<.drive>:\Program Files\BlackBerry\BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Server\Good Presence
- In a text editor, open theLyncPresenceProviderService.exe.configand record the values for the following properties:
- Determine a naming convention for the additional Trusted Application Endpoints (virtual SIP addresses). By default, the format for the existing SIP Addresses is sip:presence_<BEMSFQDN>@<SIPDomain>. For example, sip:presence_BEMSServer1email@example.com, sip:presence_BEMSServer1firstname.lastname@example.org, and so on.
- Create the additional Trusted Application Endpoints in theSkype for Businesstopology using the information from steps 2 and 3 above. For instructions on creating additional Trusted Application Endpoints, see "Prepare additional computers hosting BEMS" in the Installation content.
- In a text editor, openLyncPresenceProviderService.exe.config.
- Locate the<ucmaEndpointSips>section. Add the value of the new additional application endpoints that you published in step 4.For example,<ucmaEndpointSips> <collection> <add item="sip:presence_BEMSServer1.email@example.com" /> <add item="sip:presence_BEMSServer1firstname.lastname@example.org" /> <add item="sip:presence_BEMSServer1email@example.com" /> </collection> </ucmaEndpointSips>
- Specify the maximum contact subscriptions that each application endpoint can manage. By default, the MAX_SUBSCRIPTIONS_PER_ENDPOINT is 1000. You can specify a subscription value between 1 and 5000. For example, if you specify that each application endpoint can manage 2000 contact subscriptions, you would locate the MAX_SUBSCRIPTIONS_PER_ENDPOINT key and change the value as required.<add key="MAX_SUBSCRIPTIONS_PER_ENDPOINT" value="2000" />Specifying the MAX_SUBSCRIPTIONS_PER_ENDPOINT, doesn't load balance the subscriptions across all endpoints, it assigns 2000 subscriptions to the first endpoint before assinging the next 2000 subscriptions to the next endpoint.
- Save the file.
- Restart theGood Technology Presenceservice from theWindowsService Manager.