Revert the Presence service settings to use the local Active Directory
Presenceservice settings to use the local Active Directory
If you configured the
Presenceservice to use a global catalog, you can modify the LyncPresenceProviderService.exe.config file to have the
Presenceservice use the local
Active Directorydomain that the
BEMSis located in. In the following example, the
Presenceservice was configured to use the global catalog in the example.com environment. If you installed the
Connectservice on multiple servers, complete this task on each computer that is running the
- In a text editor, open the LyncPresenceProviderService.exe.config file. By default, the file is located in<folder.drive>:\Program Files\BlackBerry\BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Server\Good Presence
- In the <appSettings> section of the file, locate the following values:
- <addkey = "AD_USERS_SOURCE" value= "GC" />
- <addkey = "AD_USERS_SOURCE_DOMAIN" value="DC=EXAMPLE,DC=COM" />
- Remove the specified values from the double quotation marks. The following example shows the LyncPresenceProviderService.exe.config file configured to use the localActive Directorydomain where theBEMSis located:. . <!-- valid values are: GC - Global Catalog; LDAP - Active Directory (default) --> <add key="AD_USERS_SOURCE" value="" /> <!-- valid values are: "DC=GOOD,DC=COM" - GC/AD at good.com (example only, change to your domain); No value attribute (default) - Domain the Good Connect resides; --> <add key="AD_USERS_SOURCE_DOMAIN" value="" /> . .
- In theWindowsManager, restart theGood Technology Presenceservice.