Configure the BlackBerry Presence service settings
BlackBerry Presenceservice settings
You can specify the basic and common settings for the
BlackBerry Presenceservice or keep the default settings. These settings are irrespective of the instant messaging server you use in your environment.
- In theBlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Server Dashboard, underBlackBerry Services Configuration, clickPresence.
- If your environment uses aMicrosoft Lync ServerorSkype for Business, clickService Accountand type the login credentials for theGood Technology Presenceservice account.
- Optionally, in theSubscription Expiration Timefield, type an expiration time in seconds. The Subscription Expiration Time is the time interval whenBlackBerry Workcontacts the Presence service for user presence status updates. For example, if user A opensBlackBerry Workto view an email from user B,BlackBerry Workcontacts the Presence service for user B's presence status. If user A then doesn't view user B's contact information in the Inbox, contacts, or calendar for longer then the expiration time,BlackBerry Workmust contact thePresenceservice again for updated user B presence status. By default, this is 180 seconds. If you experience issues with thePresencestatus not displaying, increase the subscription expiration time (for example, 1000 seconds). Increasing the expiration time allows the subscriptions to remain active for a longer time.
- Optionally, select theEnable domain whitelistingcheckbox. For more information, see Allow Presence subscriptions to users in specified domains.
- In theDomains whitelistdialog box, click .
- In theDomains whitelisttext box, type the email domains for which you want to allow presence subscriptions. When adding multiple domains, you can add the domains using one or more of the following formats to separate the domains.
For example, example.com, example1.com, and so forth.
- New line
- Click .