About persistent chat
The persistent chat feature allows users to create topic-based group discussions, referred to as 'chat rooms' and 'rooms' by
Microsoft, and participate in group discussions. If you enable persistent chat in
Microsoft Lync Server2013 or
Skype for Business2015, you can enable it in your
BEMSenvironment. By default, the persistent chat feature is disabled for new and upgraded
Persistent chat is not supported in a
Skype for Business2019 environment.
When you enable persistent chat, users can perform the following actions:
- Create and add managers and members to group discussionsYou can restrict users from creating new group discussions. For more information, see BlackBerry Connect app configuration settings.
- Change group discussion information, including the group discussion name and description
- Search for and join group discussions to communicate and collaborate with a group of people who have a common area of interest
- Leave or mute group discussions so that you don't receive message notifications
- Disable group discussions when they are no longer required1
- Upload and download files and images
- View the member list
- View the list of persistent chat group discussions of which they are a member and can join
- Search and view all of the chat history for a group discussion
Auditorium group discussions and federated users are not supported.
1When users disable a group discussion, only the persistent chat administrator can enable it again.