Preparing your test environment
- BlackBerryrecommends testing the upgrade toCylancePROTECT DesktopforWindows3.x in a dedicated testing zone before you deploy the upgrade to your production environment. For more information about zones, see Setting up zones in theCylance Endpoint Securitysetup content.
- Set up your test devices with the apps and configurations that accurately represent your production environment.
- Create dedicated device policies that you will use for your testing zones and devices. You can create new device policies or copy and modify existing policies.
- Configure zone-based update rules in the management console to restrict the 3.x upgrade to the dedicated zones and devices that you plan to use for testing. For instructions, see Managing updates for the CylancePROTECT Desktop and CylanceOPTICS agents in theCylance Endpoint Securitysetup content.
- BlackBerryrecommends downloading the Support Collection Tool from KB 66596. If you contactBlackBerrySupport for assistance, Support may ask you to run the tool to collect additional data.
- See the agent upgrade paths to determine the specific path that you need to follow.
- After you complete the configuration and testing activities in this guide and validate the upgrade in your test zones, you can apply the agent upgrade and the updated device policies to your production environment.