Customize how the CylancePROTECT Application for Splunk generates log files
Splunkgenerates log files
If an issue arises, such as when the post-install test doesn’t result in observable output, you will need to examine splunkd.log and Cylance.log files in the $SPLUNK_HOME/var/ logs/ Splunk directory.
To generate detailed log data, do the following:
- In the config.py file, in the bin directory, change the log level to one of the following:
- In the config.py file, change any of the following parameters to customize log file generation:
- Filename: The default file name is cylance.log.
- Size: The default maximum log size is 1,000,000 bytes. When the files exceeds this size, a new log file is created.
- Rotations: This is the number of log files that can be created before the oldest is overwritten.