Data flow: Sending and receiving work data from a BlackBerry
This data flow describes how data travels when a
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp accesses an application or content server in your organization.
- The user opens aBlackBerry Dynamicsapp to access work data.
- TheBlackBerry Dynamicsapp establishes a connection to theBlackBerry Dynamics NOC. The connection is authenticated with the master link key that was created when the app was activated.
- TheBlackBerry Dynamics NOCperforms one of the following actions:
- Communicates withBlackBerry Proxyover a pre-established secure connection to establish an end-to-end connection over port 443 between theBlackBerry Dynamicsapp andBlackBerry Proxythat carries the work data. The work data is encrypted with a session key that is not known to theBlackBerry Dynamics NOC.
- If theBlackBerry Connectivity Nodeis not configured, communicates directly with your application or content servers through a port you have opened in your organization's firewall.
- If theBlackBerry Connectivity Nodeis configured, once the secure end-to-end connection is established between theBlackBerry Dynamics NOCandBlackBerry Proxy, work data can travel between the device and application or content servers behind the firewall viaBlackBerry Proxy.