Connect to a source server
You must connect
BlackBerry UEMto the source server that you are migrating data from.
You can add multiple sources, but only one source at a time can be the active source.
Make sure that the database account associated with the credentials that you use to log in to the database has write permissions.
If you upgraded your source
BlackBerry UEMserver since the last time you performed a migration, you should delete and recreate the source server configuration before you perform another migration.
- On the menu bar, clickSettings > Migration > Configuration.
- Click .
- In theSource typedrop-down list, select the type of source server.
- Depending on the type of source server that you selected, fill out the fields as follows:Source server typeFieldContentBlackBerry UEMDisplay nameType a descriptive name for the source server.Database serverType the name of the computer that hosts the source database, using the <host>\<instance> format for a dynamic port and the <host>:<port> format for a static port.Database authentication typeSelect the type of authentication you use to connect to the source database.SQL usernameSQL passwordIf you selected SQL authentication, in the SQL username and SQL password fields, type your login information to connect to the source database.Database nameType the name of the source database.Source UEM authentication typeSelect the authentication type that is used to log in to the sourceBlackBerry UEMmanagement console.UsernamePasswordType your login information to log in to the source management console.DomainIf you selectedMicrosoft Active Directoryauthentication, type the name of the domain where the source management console is located.Good Control(standalone)Display nameType a descriptive name for the source server.SourceGood Control(standalone) host nameType the FQDN of theGood Controlmanagement console.SourceGood Control(standalone) certificateUpload theGood ControlCA root certificate to establish SSL connections. The certificate file must be in CER format. For instructions, see Export the self-signed root certificate for the Good Control server.UsernamePasswordType your login information to log in to the administrator account for the source management console.These credentials must correspond to aGood Controladministrator with the access rights MANAGE_CONTAINERS and MANAGE_USERS_AND_GROUPS. The account can be either aGood Controlservice account or a regular administrator account, provided the password associated with the account allows access to the management console. You can't use anActive Directoryuser account with a hardware token and no password.DomainType the name of the domain where the administrator account for the source management console is located. You can leave this field blank if the administrator is a local user who does not have a domain.
- To test the connection between the source and the destination, clickTest connection.
- If you want to migrate IT policies, profiles, and groups, review the best practices and see Migrate IT policies, profiles, and groups from a source server.
- After you migrate users, see Migrate devices from a source server.