What's new in BlackBerry Analytics
Developers can integrate
BlackBerry Analyticswith custom
BlackBerry Dynamicsapps to automatically record and send events to the
BlackBerry Analyticsportal. Previously, developers had to integrate a separate
BlackBerry AnalyticsSDK with their
BlackBerry Dynamicsapps. In the
BlackBerry Dynamics SDKversion 8.0 and later,
BlackBerry Personafunctionality are now fully integrated with the
BlackBerry Dynamics SDK.
For more information about integrating
BlackBerry Personafunctionality with a custom
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp, see the BlackBerry Dynamics SDK Development Guide.
Developers can also use the
BlackBerry AnalyticsREST API to retrieve metrics programmatically, for the purpose of creating custom reports. For more information, see the BlackBerry Dynamics SDK Development Guide.
Portal version 3.0
- Bug fixes: This release includes bug fixes.
Portal version 1.6
- Enhancement for user correlation: Previously, if you enabled the user correlation feature in theBlackBerry Analyticsportal, you could only associate the container ID with a specific user using the Good Control SOAP getUser API. If you used this compatible API with theBlackBerry Web ServicesforBlackBerry UEM, it did not support the container ID. In theBlackBerry Web ServicesforBlackBerry UEM12.9 or later, you can now use the getUser API to associate a container ID with a specific user.
Portal version 1.5
- Support for BlackBerry Team Connect: This release adds support for receiving data fromBlackBerry Team Connectand providing user, device, and feature usage statistics in theBlackBerry Analyticsportal.
Portal version 1.4
- Turn on user correlation: By default, the data collected byBlackBerry Analyticsis anonymous and is not linked to specific user accounts. If you want to correlate data with the activity of user accounts, you can turn on user correlation in theBlackBerry Analyticsportal. When this option is enabled, all user generated analytics data will include aBlackBerry Analyticscontainer ID that serves as a unique identifier for user accounts. You can use the getUser API supported by the Good Control SOAP APIs in standaloneGood Controlto retrieve the user’s email address using the container ID. For more information, see the getting started blog for making web services calls to Good Control. Equivalent support using the BlackBerry Web Services SOAP API forBlackBerry UEMis pending in an upcoming release.
- View data for feature usage: TheBlackBerry Analyticsdashboard now allows you to view more data about the use of specific app features.
- BlackBerry Analytics SDK 1.2 enhancement: TheBlackBerry Analytics SDKnow sends the SDK version as part of the payload.