Manage updates for the Optics agent
You can use update zones to manage updates of the
Opticsagents on devices. Test, Pilot, and Production update zones are available for this purpose. You can configure
Opticsto automatically push updates to a specific version or the latest available version, or you can turn off automatic updates so that you can manage the software distribution using your organization’s preferred method (see Install the BlackBerry Optics agent on devices).
BlackBerryrecommends that you test agent updates using the Test and Pilot update zones first, with devices reserved for testing and evaluation purposes, before managing updates for the Production update zone.
Create zones with devices reserved for testing
Opticsagent updates. For more information about creating zones, see the Protect Desktop Administration Guide. You will associate these zones with the Test and Pilot update zones. The Production zone applies to all devices that do not belong to other update zones.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickSettings > Update.
- Click theTestzone.
- ExpandZonesand select the zones that you want to assign to this update zone.
- ExpandAgentand select the version of theProtectagent that you want to push to devices in this zone. For more information about the version of theProtectagent that is required for theOpticsagent, see the BlackBerry Optics requirements.
- ExpandCylanceOPTICSand do one of the following:
- To push updates for a specific version of theOpticsagent, select the agent version.
- To automatically push updates for the latest available version, selectAuto-Update.
- To turn off updates, selectDo Not Update.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 for thePilotzone.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 for theProductionzone. You don’t assign zones to the Production update zone because it applies to all devices that are not in the other update zones.