Install the BlackBerry Optics agent on devices
BlackBerry Opticsagent on devices
To enable a device for
Optics, you must install the
Opticsagent on the device. You download the
Opticsagent installer from the management console, then run it on devices using your organization’s preferred method. For example, you can have IT administrators pre-install the agent on devices before providing them to users, or you can push the installation using a trusted software distribution process.
- Review the Optics software requirements.
- You must install theProtectagent on devices before you install theOpticsagent. If you want to use the combined installer forProtectandOptics, see the BlackBerry Protect Desktop Installation Guide.
- To view and download theOpticsagent installation files in the console, inSettings > Update > Production, set theAgentoption toDo Not Update.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickSettings > Application.
- In theInstaller > CylanceOPTICSsection, click the desired OS platform to download the installation file.FormacOS:
- It is a best practice to use the .pkg file. The .dmg file is a disk image of the .pkg file that can be used when a disk image must be mounted for installation.
- Before you deploy the agent to devices, see KB article 66578: Agent Installation - macOS High Sierra or Higher - Secure Kernel Extension Loading.
- Using your organization’s preferred software distribution method, deploy and run the installation file on devices.If you want to install theOpticsagent onWindowsormacOSdevices using OS commands, or if you are installing onLinux, see OS commands for the Optics agent.