Enable and configure Optics
When you enable
Opticsin a device policy and assign that policy to devices and zones, the
Opticsagent on each device collects events and stores data in the
Opticsdatabase. The agent does not collect data until you enable
Verify that the
Protect Desktopapplication control feature is not enabled. Application control is designed for fixed function devices that do not change after setup (for example, point-of-sales machines). If application control is enabled, the
Opticsagent will not function as expected. For more information, see Application Control in the
Protect DesktopAdministration Guide.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickSettings > Device Policy.
- Create a new policy or click an existing policy.
- On theCylanceOPTICS Settingstab, select theCylanceOPTICScheck box.
- If you want to enable the automatic upload of threat-related focus data from theOpticsdatabase to the console, in theThreatssection, select theAuto Uploadcheck box.If you do not select this option, you must use the console to request focus data for devices.
- If you want to enable the automatic upload of memory-related focus data from theOpticsdatabase to the console, in theMemory Protectionsection, select theAuto Uploadcheck box.If you do not select this option, you must use the console to request focus data for devices.
- In theConfigurable Sensorssection, select the optional Optics sensors that you want to enable. Note that the optional sensors are supported for 64-bit operating systems only.
- In theSet maximum device storagefield, specify the maximum amount of storage, in MB, that theOpticsagent can access on each device. The default value is 1000 MB.
- If you want to allow theOpticsagent to provide OS notifications to the user onWindowsormacOSdevices, select theEnable CylanceOPTICS Desktop Notificationscheck box.
- If you want to associate a detection rule set with the device policy, in theSelect Detection Setdrop-down list, click a rule set.
- ClickSave.If you want to save the current settings as a new device policy, clickSave Asinstead.
Assign the policy to devices or zones.