Lock a device
You can temporarily lock an infected or potentially infected device, disabling its LAN and
Wi-Finetwork capabilities to stop command and control activity, the exfiltration of data, or the lateral movement of malware. You can lock a device for up to 96 hours. You can retrieve an unlock key from the console to unlock a device before the end of the lockdown period.
The lockdown feature is currently supported for
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickCylanceOPTICS > Devices.
- Find the device.
- ClickActions > Lockdown Device.This option is not available if the device is offline.
- Select a lockdown period.
- ClickConfirm Lockdown.
- If you want to unlock a device before the end of the specified lockdown period, clickActions > Show Unlock Key. Copy the unique unlock key and run the following commands on the device:OSCommandsWindows
- Navigate to theOpticsexecutable folder (by default, C:\Program Files\Cylance\Optics).
- RunCyOptics.exe control --password<unlock_key>unlock -a
- Runcd /Library/Application\ Supprt/Cylance/Optics/CyOptics.app/Contents/ Resources
- Runsudo ../MacOS/CyOptics control --password<unlock_key>unlock -net