Enable contact lookup by phone number
To allow users in your environment to lookup contacts using their phone number, use the
Microsoft Active Directoryschema MMC snap-in to index and enable ANR for the applicable phone attributes.
The phone number must be in a supported format. For a list of supported formats, see Searching for users by phone number.
- Click theAttributesfolder in the snap-in.
- In the right panel, right-click the desired attribute, and then clickProperties.
- Select theIndex this attributecheck box.
- Select theAmbiguous Name Resolution (ANR)check box.
- If you have multiple phone attributes, repeat steps 2 to 5 for each attribute.