Categorize your notes
Tags help you categorize your notes. For example, you can create a tag called "restaurants" and then add that tag to notes for places to eat. You don't need to add a tag to every note – just the notes that you want to group together.
- In the Notes app, in a new note or an existing note, do one of the following:
- If the note doesn't have any tags, tapNo tags.
- If the note has a tag, tap to the right of the tag.
- Enter a tag name, and then do one of the following:
- If your device has a touch screen keyboard, tap on the keyboard.
- If your device has a physical keyboard, press theEnterkey.
- Tap .
To filter your notes by a tag, tap , and then tap a tag.
To remove all tags from a note, tap .