Set up the CylancePROTECT Desktop Application for Splunk
CylancePROTECT DesktopApplication for
Splunkrequires command-line access due to the need to edit the api.py configuration file.
- On the desired search head, edit the api.py configuration file found here:$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/cylance_protect/bin/api.py
- Line 9-12 must be populated with theCylanceconsole information (obtained in theCylanceConsole Setup steps).
- In theCylancePROTECT DesktopApplication forSplunk, selectTools > API Connector.
- Select a Function using the drop-down menu. Example: Add to Global Blacklist.
- Enter the file hash as the Parameter.
- ClickSubmit. Check the Result information to see the HTTP responses from theCylanceconsole.If API calls fail after editing the api.py configuration file, the*.pycfiles may need to be deleted in the following directory:$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/cylance_protect/bin/